So you’re wondering how solar power works? Here is a basic overview on how grid connected solar power systems work;
- During the day when the sun is shining light falling onto your solar panels is converted into DC electricity.
- This DC electricity is sent to a solar power inverter which converts this DC electricity into AC electricity.
- The solar inverter then feeds this AC electricity into your properties switchboard.
- This electricity is then used to power your property!
- Any power being produced that is surplus to your requirements will be sent back to the street to be used wherever it is required in your local area.
Please login or Register to submit your answer